3pm Friday 15 March 2019, Opera House
Running Time: 1 hour 36 minutes
Director: Richard Thorpe
Genre: Drama, Musical
Elvis Presley smouldering behind bars, in an ever-popular musical that includes a kickass dance number to the title track which is widely recognised as the King’s finest moment on film. Sit back and enjoy the time-honoured story of boy goes wrong, boy gets a second chance and blows it, but boy comes good in the end. Oh, and there’s the bonus of some toe tapping music too!
This is a relaxed/dementia-friendly screening.
This screening is open to all but it is specially adapted for people living with dementia and their families, friends and carers. This means that we will have:
- Friendly ushers to meet, greet and seat you
- The Opera House will be adapted to be as calming and comfortable as possible:
- There will be low level lighting throughout the screening
- The volume is slightly lower
- Wheelchair spaces are available
- There will be a 20 minute interval halfway through the film
- You are free to talk and move around during the screening
- Singing along is not only allowed but positively encouraged!
- Doors open at 2:40pm so that you can get to know the cinema space before the film
Accompanying carers go free.
Community groups: Please contact us for group discounts